Two Channel Triple Rectifier - bypass loop or loop on

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

na3d

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I own a two channel Triple Rectifier rev. G from 1999.

I use the bypass loop on. It's a little annoying when You need to put the amp in stand by and move both the channel master pots all the way down and then again try to set them back all the times and try to get no volume diferences. So it could be a lot easyer to use the loop master.
I noticed that when I use the loop master the sound is not the same (send and mix levels on 50%), and I got a lot more power out from my amp.

My questions are:

1. Bypassing the loop reduces the total power of the amp? Am I using just half of my amp, or just the preamp?
2. Loop on on both channels - Your preferences about the channel master pots, all the way up or at noon, or something else?
3. Loop on both channels - the Send and Mix should be at 50% or.....

Thanks!

na3d said:
Hi everyone, I own a two channel Triple Rectifier rev. G from 1999.

I use the bypass loop on. It's a little annoying when You need to put the amp in stand by and move both the channel master pots all the way down and then again try to set them back all the times and try to get no volume diferences. So it could be a lot easyer to use the loop master.
I noticed that when I use the loop master the sound is not the same (send and mix levels on 50%), and I got a lot more power out from my amp.

My questions are:

1. Bypassing the loop reduces the total power of the amp? Am I using just half of my amp, or just the preamp?
2. Loop on on both channels - Your preferences about the channel master pots, all the way up or at noon, or something else?
3. Loop on both channels - the Send and Mix should be at 50% or.....

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

I don't lower the volume on the amp when I go into standby, and just lower the guitar volume when I switch out of standby. Been doing this for 25+ years with tube amps.

The FX loop Hard Bypass will bypass not only the send/return jacks, but the buffer circuit as well. Most everyone notices a difference, especially at lower volumes. I prefer to use the output control for volume, and just tweak the amp's EQ.

The 'power' of the amp remains unchanged regardless of FX loop bypass settings. It's always all four output tubes in use.

I set my channel masters by ear, not by eye. I start with getting my clean (or low gain) channel where I want it volume wise, then balance the volume of the lead channel(s). I usually end up with the clean channel master at around noon, and my lead channel in Modern mode around 9:30-10:00.

Start with the send and mix controls at around midway and tweak from there.

If you don't have a copy of the owners manual you should download it from MesaBoogie dot com. It will answer many of your questions.

https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User%20Manuals/2chRecto.pdf

Latest posts

Back