Dual Rec Rev-G Resistor Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantomwaves

Reaction score
Hello all,

long time lurker, 1st time poster. Bought a Rev G Dual Rectifier on Reverb a few months back. I changed the tubes recently and upon turning the amp on a couple days ago I heard a loud sizzle and some pops. I turned the power off and investigated and seem to have narrowed it down to a very crispy resistor.

I pulled the schematic online and it looks like it's the resistor tied to pin 4 of V6 (Could also be V9). It is the power tube socket closest to the rectifier tubes. It was in very close proximity to an orange capacitor (in between V6 and V7) and it appears to be a different color than the other resistors tied to pin 4 for each of the other tube sockets. The other sockets also do not feature the orange cap nearby, either.

The schematic does not indicate the resistor to be anything different than the rest of the 1K ohm / 2 Watt resistors that are tied to pin 4 of each of the other power tube sockets.

I am not the first owner, it's possible that this was changed before. It's also possible that this is some specific type of resistor as well.
Does anyone know what it might be? I would like to order and install a new resistor to get it up and running.

Thanks! I may be able to attach pictures later if needed.

Latest posts

Back