Help installing tubes in a Rev G

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newmesauser

Reaction score
So I got myself a Rev G and it shipped with the tubes taken out. I've never done this and want to be careful and do it right. Can anyone help with this?

I have three boxes of matched 6l6 tubes that say yellow on one and green on the other, in all three boxes. Then the 12ax7, 5 of those. I think I have an extra one cause there were only 4 open spots.

Do the little metal prongs on the bottom go all the way in? Or just snug is good enough? And how do I set up the 6l6 tubes?

Thanks.

I just realized I don't think there's rectifier tubes. Is using 6l6 tubes for rectifier tubes a thing?

Definitely check out the manual, but as far as installing them, its a good idea to wear gloves so you don't get any oil from your fingers on them.

The matched 6L6s will go in the two interior and two exterior slots like 1,2,2,1 where the 1s are one pair and the 2s are another pair. When you install them press down firmly and rock back and forth slightly until its all set.

You will need rectifier tubes as well like a 5U4GB.

Thanks. I was a dummy and missed the rectifier tubes in the package.

One problem I noticed is on the red channel. The gain knob produces some fizziness as it goes up and it has to be pushed in and held to be at normal volume. What should I do?

deeman said:
......... but as far as installing them, its a good idea to wear gloves so you don't get any oil from your fingers on them.

Gloves are unnecessary, these are vacuum tubes, not halogen light bulbs. I’ve rolled dozens of tubes, no gloves, no issues.

Newmesauser said:
One problem I noticed is on the red channel. The gain knob produces some fizziness as it goes up and it has to be pushed in and held to be at normal volume. What should I do?

The gain potentiometer might just need a cleaning, but having to push in on the knob to get it to work tells me it most likely need to be replaced.

Did you ask the seller about this? Was the amp advertised as fully working?

Back