Foot switch for Rectifier SOLO 50w head MkII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl999pop

Reaction score
Hey! The FS to my amp has gone missing and Boogie UK is asking for a whopping £180 for a new with cable. Does anyone know of any cheaper solutions? Eg using the external switching jacks. I tried a Boss FS-6 today and it works when plugging in a TRS cable from the FS to ONE of the jacks in the back of the amp (channel switch OR solo) but not both. Ideas welcome.

Since the switches on the back split out the functions each of them are likely tied to shorting the tip of the cable to ground.

If the front jack is combining these functions, then you need to figure which functions the tip, ring, and sleeve control on the switch.

You could sort this out by plugging in the TRS cable to the front footswitch jack and then shorting the tip to sleeve, then the ring to sleeve to see how the amp responds.

It may be that the switching is similar to the electradyne and royal atlantic where one switch closes either the tip or ring to ground and the other switch toggles between the tip or ring, so in order for the second function to work, the first needs to be engaged.

Another thing that might work in a pinch is TRS -> 2 TS Y cable. You could use that to plug the FS-6 into two jacks on the back and operate both functions.

Hey thanks for input. I tried the latter (trs -> splitter cable and two TS jacks) but that didn't work. I may have to bite the bullet and just order the **** thing...

Back