Tremoverb Finally Matched With Mesa Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kudogg

Reaction score
Got a Tremoverb a couple months ago, was blown away playing her through my vintage Marshall with g12-65 rolas (marshall branded blackbacks). Then I switched to a Mode Four Cab, with same speakers, g1265s, but then wanted more oomph, as I've played rectos before and was missing the authentic woofy boom! So i added two Redbacks and did indeed get a little more boom but... oddly my Soldano Slo sounded better though it than my Mesa. So ....

Found a Mesa Cab on CL for $240 bucks. Jumped on it with UK v30s. (Celestion branded). Gotta throw out that i hate v30s. Like completely fucking despise them. Yeah... I know "but they cut through the mix" . Not exactly what I look for in a speaker.

So to my surprise upon cranking the tremoverb through the cab I was blown away! I typically try to match heads and cabs and again I am proven correct. The modern high gain (red) channel is friggin amazing. I could palm mute all day.

Now I'm thinking: maybe its the cab? Everything is louder and power just seems to gush out of this cab. Maybe I should try out some greenbacks in there? The v30s do sound good, yes mid strong but very tasty. My logic is I love Greenbacks more than v30s BUT maybe this is the way the Mesa Gods wanted things... all original? Advice?

Also... my tremoverb is gold jute, very lovely, has anyone ever had Mesa redo the grill cloth? I know they still make gold jute ... I called the hollywood store.. dude was clueless.

Latest posts

Back