Maverick 2x12 = Mesa’s version of a Vox AC30?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both, sort of but not really. The power section of the Maverick is like Vox AC30 but that's where it ends. The stack tone are different. I could get the Maverick to sort of sound like AC30 but if you are an AC30 aficionado it not enough to get the AC30 vibe. Matter of fact I'm thinking of getting my Maverick modified to add a "Tone-Cut" (presence) control like a Vox.

Unfortunately no, but besides the master volume, it does have a limit control kinda like a second master volume.

I know the Lonestar Special is the Mavetick predecessor but it has switching rectifier. The lower wattage 5 and 15 watt uses the tube rectifier and the 30 watt is using diode rectifier. The Maverick allows you to switch to either use diode or tube rectifier. Now if you familiar yourself with the "feel" and "tone"difference etween diode and tube rectifier then its a nice feature to have. Majority prefer the diode while blues or vintage tone guitarists prefer the tube rectifier. Great to have both option.

I think the going rate for a Maverick 2x12" combo is $750 - $850. I member here got one for $450.

The Maverick was MESA's representative in Guitar Player Magazine "Shoot out for Blues Amp". Think of tones of Matchless DC30, Bad Cat, Tony Bruno Underground 40. Some call it poor man's Dumble.

Back