Plugged speaker cab into slave out - how screwed am I?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOMMS

Reaction score
I won't go into all the nitty-gritty details suffice to say: it was really late, it was really dark and I plugged the speaker cable of my 4x12 recto cab into the effects loop slave out of my triple recto and turned it on. I few seconds later I see a puff of smoke and then lights out-amp won't turn back on. Looks like the fuse is blown and 3 of the 6 power tubes seem to have a 'burn' in them.

My bad I know, but I was wondering if this was a 'just replace fuse and power tubes and you're OK' or a 'something internal blew up...you need to take it to an amp tech' sort of a situation.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

SOMMS

You cooked your output tranny, some/all output tubes, screen resistors... Sorry dude, but that's an expensive repair, mostly because the OPT will run a couple hundred alone. :shock:

It sounds like an expensive mistake.

My tip to help avoid this type of thing (and to allow for quicker set up) is that I bought different colored electrical tape and for example, wrapped a piece of white electrical tape around the plug of my speaker cable and put a piece of white tape above and below the speaker jack on my amp to easily locate where that cable goes. I did the same for my effects loop and etc.

Latest posts

Back