Rectoverb 25 combo channel popping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyder17315

Reaction score
Hi all-
Just started having an issue with my ROV25 combo and popping noise switching between channels 1/2. Both are set to the same wattage (25w) and it doesn't matter if I use the footswitch or the front panel switch to change channels. Amp also sounds a little noiser than normal with some slight buzzing and white-ish noise. Could I have a power tube going bad? All tubes look fine and I didn't notice any odd noise or microphonics tapping them. Only other thing I noticed is some variation in the buzz/white-ish noise if I move the speaker cable around some in the back - doesn't affect the popping though. Thanks!

snyder17315 said:
Hi all-
Just started having an issue with my ROV25 combo and popping noise switching between channels 1/2. Both are set to the same wattage (25w) and it doesn't matter if I use the footswitch or the front panel switch to change channels. Amp also sounds a little noiser than normal with some slight buzzing and white-ish noise. Could I have a power tube going bad? All tubes look fine and I didn't notice any odd noise or microphonics tapping them. Only other thing I noticed is some variation in the buzz/white-ish noise if I move the speaker cable around some in the back - doesn't affect the popping though. Thanks!

That is often the sign of a power tube heading for failure. Hope that helps...

Latest posts

Back