Is this worth it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 41364

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm really not experienced in buying new rigs. I've been using the same Randall head with a yorkville cab for years now.. but finally decided to upgrade.

I found a Mesa Boogie Duel Rec Roadking series 1 and a Mesa 4x12 cab going for 1250$ CAD (so about 1000 USD) for the pair.
Now i'd have to drive a total of 24 hours to pick 'er up.

What say y'all? worth the drive and the money?

I mainly play fast/aggressive punk rock.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! (pun not intended)

It's a good deal, but not with a 24 hour drive associated with it. All the fuel costs and time invested eats away at the good deal. But, if you don't care about that, scoop it up. Can't beat that deal. Assuming there is nothing wrong with it. Cheers!

On Reverb.com. the cheapest RKI listed is $1399 + $100 for shipping. That's just for the head alone. The cheapest 4x12 Road King cab was $700, but it was in red and local pickup only. So, your deal is a savings of 1200 USD. But like Nate said, that's IF it's in good working order.

The biggest knock I've heard on the RK I was the reverb level, doesn't sound like that would be an issue for you. I used a roadster and have a RK II now, and see no reason to ever buy another amp. Given the lower availability in Canada and increase in prices, I would do it if you can swing the travel.

I think that is a real good deal, but too much driving for me.

I would most likely spend the night too so I'm not a danger to others on the road, so throw the cost of a motel room in there as well as the fuel for the round trip.

Dom

Latest posts

Back