Hum with pedals in EFX loop - strange problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mace

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve got a strange problem. I have three pedals in the EFX loop on a Rectoverb 25. All are TC Electronic: Vicious Vibe, Corona Chorus and Flashback X4 (in that order). The problem is a line level type of noise/hum that is present regardness of amp volume/wattage. Wven with the volume at zero, the noise is there. I have done some troubleshooting and it is not a cable issue. The actual pedal which causes it is the Vicious Vibe, but only in combination with the other two pedals. Vicious Vibe alone is OK, and the Corona abd Flashback together are OK but all three make the hum. The power source is a VooDoo Lab 8 independent channel source. Even if The Vicious Vibe is disconnectd from VooDoo and connected to an independent power supply the hum is still present when all three oedas are in the loop.

Also, the exact same pedal setup with all power from the VooDoo is dead quiet in the Mark V EFX loop.

Has any experienced this type of issue? What could the issue be?

Thanks.

Well, I think I found the problem. The orientation of the cable going from amp to first pedal in the loop seems to matter. I could stop the hum by reorienting the cable. It seems to be picking up some kind of intereference from the voodoo power supply (which is located somewhat below the first peda). What is strange is that the Mark V and TC-50 do not have any hum no matter how the very same cable is oriented.

Latest posts

Back