2 channel Rectifier channel switching question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepend69

Reaction score
This thread is about 2 channel rectifiers that have front and rear panel jacks in order to switch between the two channels.

Anyone ever notice that the red channel sounds tighter/different if you use the channel switching jack (or the manual switch) in the rear of the amp instead of the front panel jack next to the input? Does anyone know why this happens?

I looked under the hood and I noticed the front and rear panel switching jacks are wired to different places on the circuit board. Strange that these jacks are not connected in parallel and strange that they make the red channel sound slightly different.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

It’s your imagination. The amps switching is handled my multiple LDR’s. Both switching jacks are electrically the same, and have the exact same function in the circuit. Just because it connects to the PCB at a different point doesn’t make it different.

Dom

I beg to differ, I have been playing my triple recto since 1997 so I am quite familiar with the sound. I had my band mates do a blind test on me and I can distinguish the difference everytime. Is it a small difference? Yes, but it's there.

Guitar cables and tubes models are suppose to be "electrically the same" but they don't all sound the same, do they?

Latest posts

Back