Dual recto channel switching issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miro9486

Reaction score
Hi.
My multi-watt dual recto has got some strange channel switching issue recently. With fx loop on, footswitch connected, channels controlled from the fts, from time to time it changes from ch2 to ch1 on it’s own, just for a slight moment, and then reverts to ch2. Can it be something related to the footswitch itself or it’s cable? Or can it be something more „internal”/„trip to a tech”?

Miro9486 said:
Hi.
My multi-watt dual recto has got some strange channel switching issue recently. With fx loop on, footswitch connected, channels controlled from the fts, from time to time it changes from ch2 to ch1 on it’s own, just for a slight moment, and then reverts to ch2. Can it be something related to the footswitch itself or it’s cable? Or can it be something more „internal”/„trip to a tech”?

Using the backpanel pot to set a channel, do the lights on the footswitch stay on or off?

Also, using the back panel pot to set a channel and disconnecting the footswitch cable, what happens?

I reseated fts cable but unfortunatelly will be able to give it a spin later. I’ll also check it without footswitch. When it changes from ch2 to 1 the light on the amp changes but on the switch stays at the orange. Also, if it’s important, Fx loop engaged (fx loop light on) did not disengage while channels switched.

Ok, so it seems it doesn’t switch channels when it’s set to ch2 manually, at the back, with footswitch disconnected. I changed cable but the problem persist. When left on standby, with fts engaged, in ch2, it switches to 1 in some time, and sometines rapidly jumps between them. When switch is connected and I change channels manually, at the back, the light on it just go off (completely - chs, fx, solo, mute).
Could it be just some dirty socket? Or damaged footswitch or some amp switching circuit?

A little update: after 2 or 3 days, and some toying with footswitch connection, it stoped switching channels by itself, for the time being at least. Now I’m even more puzzeled if it is just some weird situational thing or just postponed problem:)

Miro9486 said:
A little update: after 2 or 3 days, and some toying with footswitch connection, it stoped switching channels by itself, for the time being at least. Now I’m even more puzzeled if it is just some weird situational thing or just postponed problem:)

I had a very similar issue with my 2005 Triple 3ch (using old long footswitch).

I had to send it to fix. It was discovered that an LM3914 (If I remember it correctly) and a diode were broken.

In my case, the amp switched by itself after a couple of minutes it was turned on.

Latest posts

Back