Road King 1 vs Road King 2 ch3&4 difference

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vipmetal

Reaction score
Traded my Mark V for a Road King 1 (early models from 2002). Have been wondering and thinking about trading Road King for Roadster or Road King 2. I’m sure here lies the knowledge of differences between RK1 vs Roadster vs RK2 high gain channels? I really like RK1 ch3&4, but is there a difference in sound compared to those two? How about Roadster CH3/4? Will I regret the lost possibility to use 4x6L6&2xEL34 if trading to Roadster? Also I’m quite pleased with CH1, as I was also pleased with Recto Pre that was my first Mesa. CH2 might be better in Roadster I believe...

I sold my Roadster to a buddy and got a RK II. I really would be just as happy with the Roadster, maybe more so. The only reason I can see is if you need a brighter tone to counter severe drop tuning. Otherwise, you can get pretty much the same tones from the 6l6's

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I’ve recently added new TriAxis preamp with RK1 preamp and switching them with Rocktron Patchmate looper. I believe I stick with these for a while now, Triaxis for clean, mid-gain and solos (clean 6L6, gain 6L6&EL34) and RK1 for the CH4 modern 120w all tunes in. Probably the best sounds I’ve ever had. But weight might be an issue on the road. Luckily some brave young men in the band! :lol:

Latest posts

Back