What is a rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyCNote

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a relatively simple explanation of what MB means when it uses the term "rectifier". Is it simply a way to indicate output (dual or triple), or is there more to it? I'd definitely appreciate a referral to a website that explains it, or whatever else anyone may know of.

I’ll confess to having megalomaniacal tendencies and lean to the Triple R. My ideal configuration would consist of two heads with two cabinets each. It just takes money, after all…

JohnnyCNote said:
I've been trying to find a relatively simple explanation of what MB means when it uses the term "rectifier". Is it simply a way to indicate output (dual or triple), or is there more to it? I'd definitely appreciate a referral to a website that explains it, or whatever else anyone may know of.

I’ll confess to having megalomaniacal tendencies and lean to the Triple R. My ideal configuration would consist of two heads with two cabinets each. It just takes money, after all…

”A rectifier is an electrical device that converts alternating current (AC), which periodically reverses direction, to direct current (DC), which flows in only one direction.”. Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectifier

Rectifier in Dual Rectifier meant that the amps have diode rectification and tube rectifier selectable by user. Previous giving more stable DC to the amp and latter sagging under heavy load conditions.

Triple is just Dual recto Solo head with 150w power amp.

JohnnyCNote said:

Have you ever played a Triple Rectifier? My Dual is so freaking loud over my Mesa 2x12 if I want it to be that I really don't see the need for two Fullstacks. Unless of course, you have lots of roadies to carry your stuff around and play on the biggest stages :D

UnderJollyRoger said:
JohnnyCNote said:

Have you ever played a Triple Rectifier? My Dual is so freaking loud over my Mesa 2x12 if I want it to be that I really don't see the need for two Fullstacks. Unless of course, you have lots of roadies to carry your stuff around and play on the biggest stages :D

Here’s my current setup. Each head is 160w, with 6 6L6's per:

full

Latest posts

Back