RectoVerb 25 Volume Question/Issue?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traskedgar

Reaction score
Hey peeps
This will probably be an easy one for you guys.
My RectoVerb 25 combo is much louder on the Modern setting than on the Vintage setting (channel 2)
Is this by design?
The amp has been this way since day 1.
Thank you!

traskedgar said:
My RectoVerb 25 combo is much louder on the Modern setting than on the Vintage setting (channel 2)
Is this by design?

Yes. Modern mode bypasses the negative feedback loop... which makes the amp much louder.

Hey guys, I joined this forum specifically looking for this topic and am glad I did a search before asking.

To tack on to this, is the volume difference considerably more subtle on the vintage channel?

When I’m on modern and I go from 10 to 25 watts, there’s a huge difference in volume. When I do it on vintage, there’s barely any difference in volume but the character of the tone changes more.

Thanks,
Niko

I’m pretty sure that on 10W mode the power tubes are in triode and in 25W they are pentode. So, that would affect the tone. And yes, when going from 10 to 25W in MODERN there is a pretty big volume jump compared to switching wattages in the other modes. It also depends where the volume knob is at when you change power settings as to how big the perceived difference in volume is.

Latest posts

Back