Bright speaker for Single Rec?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkowl

Reaction score
I have a Single Rec (series 2) that I am using with a 2x12 loaded with Mesa V30's. The overall sound is good, but a bit too dark for my tastes. I would like to keep one V30 in the cab, but pair it with something brighter that is not harsh on the top end, and compliments the amp. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Darkowl said:
I have a Single Rec (series 2) that I am using with a 2x12 loaded with Mesa V30's. The overall sound is good, but a bit too dark for my tastes. I would like to keep one V30 in the cab, but pair it with something brighter that is not harsh on the top end, and compliments the amp. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I believe that the lead 80 is solid for that purpose. other than that I recommend the g12k-100. balanced but less top end roll off than the EVM

thediavlo said:
Darkowl said:

I believe that the lead 80 is solid for that purpose. other than that I recommend the g12k-100. balanced but less top end roll off than the EVM

Thanks! I will look into that!

Latest posts

Back