Educate me on the new Dual Rec please.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Reaction score
I keep seeing folks talk about the "Reborn" Rectifiers. I also see people talk about the "3-Channel" ones. Am I right in thinking the Reborns are the ones made after 2010? Have there been changes since then?

I also saw someone mention that "the new Dual Rec has the cleans from the Lonestar." How accurate isnthat statement? Is the circuit identical or are the cleans just really good and reminiscent of the Lonestar's?

How versatile are the DRs? I know they can handle rock and metal. How about jazz and blues?

I do wish the DR had the MIDI functionality of the TC-50, but maybe that's just being greedy lol.

Anyway those are some things I've been wondering. If you have any other thoughts on the DR feel free to post em up.

Thanks!

Well, after some research I'll attempt semi-educated guesses at answers to my own questions.

I think the newer ones are usually referred to as the 3-channel recs. Also sometimes called "reborn". I think.

Seems like the cleans are in the general neighborhood of the Lonestar cleans. Basically meaning they're very good.

It can clearly pull off some excellent blues tones, and it seems like it could do some nice jazz tones too though I haven't found any examples of that yet.

And though it wasn't really a question, the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo looks like it, along with a custom cable, could control the amp via MIDI.

All that makes the new DR pretty tempting. If something happens and my Invective preorder falls through, I may go the DR route. If the Invective does go through, I'll probably add a DR later anyway.

Yes the reborn ones are the 3 channel series, some of the newer ones have power switching modes as well. The reborn series some also consider to be the roadster and road king since they are inherently Rectifiers. I don't, but some do. All the rectos i have played are awesome when you turn them up.

There has been extensive research and information posted on here that can answer your questions. Sometimes this forum can be a bit slow and sometimes people can get tired of reposting the same information, not that it hurts to ask, just one of those mundane things. The "Reborn" Rectos were released some years after the release of the original 3 channel Rectos. I'm not going to speculate on the dates, just know that the information is somewhere in the Rectifier thread. The "Reborns" are basically the same with a few improvements and additional features. First, they're now multi-watt. The Duals can go from 100 watts to 50 watts and the Triples can go from 150 watts to 50 watts. They changed the effects loop from parallel to serial. And they re-voiced the clean channel. They also revamped the foot pedal. There may be a few more tweaks I'm forgetting, but those are the major ones.

The Dual Recto is an amazing and almost criminally underrated, extremely versatile amp. I've heard everything from metal to rock to blues to country acts play Rectos. Yes I said it, COUNTRY! Am I nuts? Well, with all due respect to that form of music, I would have never guessed in a million years that a country guitarist would use a Rectifier. I took my wife to see Trace Atkins and his lead guitar player used a Reborn Recto and yes, it was his and not a rental. And he sounded AMAZING and no, I'm, not a country fan. They're just incredible amps if you know how to use them. The cleans on a Recto have come a long way since the amp came onto the market and the new ones are very good. Are they Lonestar good? To be honest, no, but they're pretty darn good.

Daxman73 said:
There has been extensive research and information posted on here that can answer your questions. Sometimes this forum can be a bit slow and sometimes people can get tired of reposting the same information, not that it hurts to ask, just one of those mundane things. The "Reborn" Rectos were released some years after the release of the original 3 channel Rectos. I'm not going to speculate on the dates, just know that the information is somewhere in the Rectifier thread. The "Reborns" are basically the same with a few improvements and additional features. First, they're now multi-watt. The Duals can go from 100 watts to 50 watts and the Triples can go from 150 watts to 50 watts. They changed the effects loop from parallel to serial. And they re-voiced the clean channel. They also revamped the foot pedal. There may be a few more tweaks I'm forgetting, but those are the major ones.

The Dual Recto is an amazing and almost criminally underrated, extremely versatile amp. I've heard everything from metal to rock to blues to country acts play Rectos. Yes I said it, COUNTRY! Am I nuts? Well, with all due respect to that form of music, I would have never guessed in a million years that a country guitarist would use a Rectifier. I took my wife to see Trace Atkins and his lead guitar player used a Reborn Recto and yes, it was his and not a rental. And he sounded AMAZING and no, I'm, not a country fan. They're just incredible amps if you know how to use them. The cleans on a Recto have come a long way since the amp came onto the market and the new ones are very good. Are they Lonestar good? To be honest, no, but they're pretty darn good.

Awesome. Thank you very much for the info. I’ll check out the Rectifier thread.

Current owner of new Reborn Dual, had old 3 Channel Dual, 2 Channel Triple, and Series II single recto too.

I play everything between early thrash to brutal death metal and some tech death, no djent :lol: New Reborn is excellent, including the newly designed FX loop.

I do use midi switching for my Dual recto rig, I use voodoo control switcher http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm, which is almost identical as RJM amp Gizmo, I use Line6 M5 as fx unit for lead and clean only, M5 also act as my foot controller too to send midi switching data to the voodoo switch controller, save $$ and footprint.

New Reborn does not need a boost to tighten it up if you have the right pickup, my BKPs works flawlessly (Aftermath & Warpig), my PRSs stock 57/08 loves my recto, however my Tonezone equipped Ibanez not so much, boost to clean up the low-end is a must.

For boost, I have gone thru tones of popular options, MT-2 is extremely underrated as a clean eq boost, but if this VFE Stand out gets all my votes as a clean eq booster (over any given ODs available on the market for any types of metal tone).

http://vfepedals.com/standout.html

Hope you find my post helpful

Back