Help Trouble Shooting an Issue with my Road King II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tzoranski

Reaction score
So I have a 2010 Road King II and a 2008 Roadster which needed a re-tubing. I never use the Road king so the tubes are really new since it just sits there. While I was waiting on new tubes for the Roadster I decided to just swap out the sets and see how the Roadster sounded like with a newer set of tubes. To my surprised the roadster wasn't working properly so I just switched them back. I then just returned the original tubes back into the Road King but not that wasn't working properly either. Once the new tubes came I popped them into the Roadster and it's now working good again but for the life of me I can't get the Road King to back to where it was before I did the switch. I now have two sets of tubes I've been trying in the amp. The original and the old Roadster set. All the tubes seem to power up and glow as you would expect. Nothing looks dim or blue but no mater what I do the end reslult is still the same. A loss of volume in Ch 1 and 2.

I spent a few hours the other day trying everything I could think of. The issues I'm having are a bit weird. Ch 3 and 4 sound fine but Ch 1 and 2 have barely any volume. They work but they are super quiet. I decided to take 2 preamp tubes that I know work and put them in V1 and V2, then 3 and 4, and lastly 5 and 6 but that made no change. I then did the same with a set of matched power tubes, switching one pair and then the other but still no difference. Next I tried switching the Rectifier tubes with no change. I also tried all the amps channels in both the diode and rectifier mode and in all the power tube options with no change. Lastly I removed my G-system effects unit out of the loop and just plugged my guitar into the amp but again no change was heard. I wonder what I could have do to my amp to create this issue? All I did was swap out the tubes between the Roadster and Road King. Crazy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Check to see if you hit the cabinet selector for those channels. That happened to me at a gig and I had to limp through until I could figure it out afterwards.

Latest posts

Back