Finished a few mods to the Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSutter

Reaction score
Peavey Triple XXX Rectifier?

Ha j/k!

The first thing I did was make the effects loop serial. Thankfully I got lucky and there was room to remove the pot. A few write ups I came across jumpered the terminals at the PCB. I really didn't want to mess with the board. I removed the pot, de soldered the wires, then soldered the wet signal to the output (middle lug) and taped up the dry signal. Some settings on the amp still bleed dry signal. I read this is due to the preamp tubes bleeding the signal. Still it works much better for my pedals.

My amp didn't come with a foot switch. That's okay since the stock 5 button big foot switch is way too big for my board. For $11 I won a 3 button foot switch. I bought some LED's, bezels and resistors as well. I had everything else, jacks, switches, etc. I used the external switching jacks on the amp. The buttons are CH 1/3, CH 2, and Solo. I don't need a foot switchable effects loop.

Ampeg foot switch, I didn't use any of the electronics inside.

Testing the LED's and functions of the switches.

All done and labeled.

The last thing I did was purely for looks. I painted the diamond plate gloss black. The face plate is applied with two sided foam tape. It won't come off without possible damage.

Masked off the headshell and scuffed up the aluminum.

Primed with aluminum primer.

A few coats of gloss black automotive enamel.

All done and reassembled.

Ha! I've done pretty much the same thing with my triple! I went with the plastidip instead of the gloss paint, yours looks awesome too. Nice job!

Thanks for the positive comments.

I saw one plastidipped and I really liked the blacked out look. I have used plastidip in the past. I hated it 100%. How it applies, how it peels off, how it looks after not too long; it's not my thing.

I did some more things as of late.

I installed a couple red LED strips laying around. They are wire up with a switch and DC jack powered by my pedal board.

I built a 212 based on the Recto 212. I had 2 V30's in another cab so I put them in this cab. I noticed one is a Mesa version. Pretty cool. The other is a regular Chinese. I also tried a V-Type with the Mesa V30. Not sure which I like better yet.

Latest posts

Back