Ageing a Dual Rectifier Solo Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorbz62

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I traded another amp today for a Dual Rec Solo Head and wondered how old the thing is. How do I go about doing that?

The serial number is R-04****

It definitely needs new tubes but I just wanted more info on it.

Jim

Usually you would call that "dating" the amp. When I clicked on this I thought I was going to give suggestions on how to make the amp look older.

Anyway, if you look at the PCB in the amp, it should tell you what revision it is, which can help with figuring out how old it is. To do that you would need to take it apart, but usually when getting a used amp, I always pull the chassis to check everything and clean the pots.

I thought the same thing... Ok.. here is a thread where someone will be beating a Rectifier with a chain, hammering a few nails into it and ripping the tolex here and there. Perhaps add a cigar burn on top for that classic effect.

Sorbz62, I would recommend you edit your post and remove the serial number. This way if some one knows who you are they may claim the amp as their property since you provided a serial number. Also included in the forum rules as a reminder to protect yourself.

You can call customer service at Mesa Boogie and they can provide information.

The amp may have been signed and dated on the inside chassis by the tech who inspected the unit. Sometimes it is also written on the visible area on the chassis on the tube side surface near the serial number plate. The R-xxxxx where x is the number signifies it is the xxxxx rectifier made. Number is sequential and does not have a date code format.

Back