Mini Rectifier - Using a Tube Screamer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motheo

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm looking at getting a Tube Screamer pedal (eyeing a Ibanez Tube Screamer MINI) to run through my Mini Rectifier.

I confess I'm new to the world of pedals but I've seen videos of people using Tube Screamers through the high gain channels of amps to get a great metal sound! It certainly seems to help tighten that bottom end and give the overall tone a bit more bite. This is what I'm looking to achieve.

My question is whether anyone here has perhaps tried this out with the Mini Rectifier and what your results have been? To take it a bit further - has anyone tried this with the Ibanez Tube Screamer MINI pedal? If so, I'd appreciate if you could share your volume/tone settings used on the amp and pedal to get to that sweet spot!

Thanks!

I'd take a Maxon OD808 over any other tubescreamer-like boost any day. It's the original, and is so much more transparent than any other. Gain at 0, Tone at noon, Balance maxed out, you'll be in tight percussive responsive thrash rhythm heaven.

Mattayus said:
I'd take a Maxon OD808 over any other tubescreamer-like boost any day. It's the original, and is so much more transparent than any other. Gain at 0, Tone at noon, Balance maxed out, you'll be in tight percussive responsive thrash rhythm heaven.

Thanks...In a perfect world, this probably would've been my first choice. I stay in South Africa and Maxon pedals aren't available locally unfortunately. I looked at importing it but it would be too costly. I can get most other brands though. The Tube Screamer Mini is on special here at the moment though, hence I was considering this as an option.

motheo said:
Thanks...In a perfect world, this probably would've been my first choice. I stay in South Africa and Maxon pedals aren't available locally unfortunately. I looked at importing it but it would be too costly. I can get most other brands though. The Tube Screamer Mini is on special here at the moment though, hence I was considering this as an option.

Not a bad option by any means! Do it. You'll be very satisfied. Do the same thing - Tone in the middle, overdrive all the way off, and level all the way up. It smacks that front end so hard everything becomes so tight and responsive, it's electrifying.

Yes, i do this all the time. Usually gain at just past zero, level all the way up, tone half way. Really helps my tone cut through the mix and gives it a bit of extra bite and focus. I use it on both channel 1 pushed or channel 2 (vintage or modern, works well on either).

I've tried it through the clean channel with the gain up, as you would normally use an overdrive pedal, but never really got good results like that. Just sounds a bit thin and trebly to me.
As a boost though it's great, well worth it.

Nick79 said:
Yes, i do this all the time. Usually gain at just past zero, level all the way up, tone half way. Really helps my tone cut through the mix and gives it a bit of extra bite and focus. I use it on both channel 1 pushed or channel 2 (vintage or modern, works well on either).

I've tried it through the clean channel with the gain up, as you would normally use an overdrive pedal, but never really got good results like that. Just sounds a bit thin and trebly to me.
As a boost though it's great, well worth it.

Awesome! Thanks for the input! I just ordered a Tube Screamer Mini, should arrive by tomorrow.

Back