Solo boost in loop (Mini Rec)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick79

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm continuing to be blown away by my Mini Rec, but struggling slightly with boosting volume for solos.
Currently using a 6 band eq pedal in the loop set flat with the level raised to the required amount.
Only problem is it sounds very muffled and doesn't really let the guitar 'jump out'. I'm going to try cutting the bass sliders (didn't thing of doing that last night) but is anyone using an eq to do the job? Or another pedal like a clean boost?

Thanks.

I used a variety of clean boosts, like the Micro Amp and Mini Spark Boost (love that one).

It's quite possible that your EQ pedal loses highs or is not flat. It may also be a bit of a comb filter. I'd definitely try for a clean boost pedal. In the interim, rolling down your lows (below 250Hz) and pushing up 750Hz works great for leads.

Thanks Elvis, i'll try the eq with the settings you recommend, failing that i'll pick up a mini spark boost.

Worked a treat by cutting the lows and boosting the mids slightly. I think i'm still going to go for a TC Spark though, the sliders on the eq move around too easily.

Latest posts

Back