RKII Which FX Loop To Use?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've often wondered is there any difference in using FX loop 1 or 2 on a RKII? I'm running an axe fx thru FX loop 1 at the moment and all sounds pretty good. Should I be using loop 2 or does it not make any difference?

Many thanks
Paul

paulg2uk said:
Hi guys,

I've often wondered is there any difference in using FX loop 1 or 2 on a RKII? I'm running an axe fx thru FX loop 1 at the moment and all sounds pretty good. Should I be using loop 2 or does it not make any difference?

Many thanks
Paul

I dont think it matters. I always used the first loop myself. I believe you can run a different effects into the second one since they are switchable. Try it and find out.

I use the second loop for special effects. Currently, I have an EQ setup with a slight output cut. It's great for when I need to cut volume but maintain saturation. We're big on dynamics live and there are a lot of times when I need to maintain my tone, but reduce the volume to a background level and I can't always trust the house sound guy to be on the ball. Combine that with the solo boost, four channels and a clean boost on the front end, I can't imagine needing anything else to get through a gig.

Back