Roadster making popping noise when switching channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tzoranski

Reaction score
Sorry to be reposting this but I haven't had any luck getting answers to this question in the Roadster Lag Thread.

I have a few questions about the pops that people say can be fix by cycling through the channels in stand by mode. I using my roadster with the G System in the 4 cable method with a RJM mini amp gizmo and the Mesa RRN cable. I tried turning my amp on, leaving it in stand by and cycling through the channels using the mini amp gizmo but I still get pops. When I turn on my amp it's in channel one and I cycle through the channels until I'm back at one then I take it out of stand by. Is that what i'm supposed to do? I don't see any difference.

I also notice a bigger pop when going from CH 2,3 or 4 to CH 1. In order to have CH 1 loud enough without it breaking up I'm engaging the solo on that channel. Giving it some additional volume to compete with the other channels. The popping sound is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly does anyone know if this popping issue also happens with the Road King 2 or has anyone heard of someone bringing the amp to a tech to fix the issue? Thanks.

Does it pop when you change channels from back panel knob or with footswitch?

My Roadster pops once after the standby is off and the channels are cycled thru... but not after that.

Maybe the problem is your G-System. I've heard many weird stories about Roadster+G-System.
My rig is Roadster + Boss Es 8 (4 cable method) and after cycling 3-4 times through channels pop is almost gone and no audible in rehearshal/live situations.

Eevil : I haven't tired the foot pedal or the switch in the back so I will check that out soon. As I mentioned I'm using the Mini Amp Gizmo for switching the channels.

Dom: Yea, unfortunately I'm playing at bedroom volume. I could try cranking it up to see if I get a change.

Gontur: Well I have heard of other g-system/ roadster users mention the popping but I don't think it's only because of the g-system. I could try taking it out of the loop and see if I still get the pops.

Have you guys ever heard of the Road King II having the popping issues? Thanks again for your input. Going to try some more things this weekend.

Latest posts

Back