The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 am 
Dual Recto

Yeah, there is more life on the west side of NC. On the East side it is mostly farm land, only benefit is I am closer to the beach than I am to any huge city..... and the hurricanes when they come but far enough inland to be able to survive most landfalls onto NC without having to evacuate. Raleigh is the closest city that at least has a Guitar Center and Sam ash. Nothing else. :cry: It is not totally a loss, there are a few other places that may still be open for business but may require advanced notice or reservation to enter or they do not have hours open on weekends. Weird, huh? Where I used to live I was less than 45 minutes from any guitar shop or large music center. Now I have to drive a minimum of 100 miles to the closest satellite GC that has nothing of interest, seems like more used gear than anything, same with Sam Ash. The plus side to that, I picked up a mint (practically new) Kiesel (aka Carvin) DC600 with acoustic saddles on a Floyd Rose bridge that was way to hard to walk away from. Holly crap is that guitar amazing

Nashville TN is probably a better place of opportunity. At least there is growth in that part of the state. Where I am at it is all recession and lack of supporting companies to grow the local economy. Perhaps the West side of the Carolinas may be more thriving.... I have been in Asheville, definitely more civilization there. Where I am at seems like the entire region is in poverty. Too bad too.

Mk III (blue stripe), Mark IVb-WB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:53 pm 
Mark I

Yeah, we are looking just west of Asheville. Maybe Waynesville, somewhere around there. It seems to be a fairly thriving area, just like Nashville is. Our property values have skyrocketed over the last 3 years. Our city councilman told us there are 50 people a day moving to Nashville. Craziness.

Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:01 pm 
Dual Recto

That is about the same amount of people that are leaving my area per day. Soon enough there will be nobody here...... including me..

Mk III (blue stripe), Mark IVb-WB