The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:09 pm 
Donating Member

I've found that you generally get what you pay for.

| Les Paul | McCarty | Custom 24 | CE 22 |
| D800 | Dual Rectifier | Electra Dyne | Rectoverb:25 | Strategy 8:88 |
| Powerhouse 410 | Recto 1x12, 2x12, 4x12 | Subway 112, 115 |

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:28 am 
Mark II

Definitely. I work in a guitar store and get to try loads of different amps, for me none of them match up to a Mesa, both in sound quality/feel and build quality. Occasionally some get close but nothing tempts me.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:27 am 
Bottle Rocket

I was surprised to see no Roadster info too. I also noticed the Triaxis is not displayed on their site any more. I have both, and I'm glad to have them.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 am 
Dual Recto

I love my Roadster a great deal. I may not be surprised that the Roadster has been discontinued. Usually what follows is a rebirth at some point in time. Optimistically the may be an indication something new is in the works for the Rectifier series. That would be cool to see the Midi function and other features migrate into the Rectifier line up. time to keep a watch out for what may be next.

Mk III (blue stripe), Mark IVb-WB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:16 am 
Mark III

IMHO, the biggest advantage a Roadster has over a Road King is the weight. Every time I grab my RKII head, I just don't believe how heavy it is. Pretty much ideal for one-arm bent over rows, though, if only it weren't so big...Glad I didn't get a 2x12 combo.

Progressive Linkage is (for me) the best reason to get a Road King instead of a Roadster. I absolutely love it, wouldn't want to be without it. The rest of the Road King bells and whistles, cab switching, extra fx loop, aw never mind, those are total dead weight to me.

Interesting development, in any case. The probable reason for this is that their sales declined, which is kind of surprising considering that it has been the amp of choice for many players who want the Recto sound and flexibility at an affordable price. Are those potential buyers now attracted to other (slimmer?) Mesa models or other manufacturers?

(Of course wishing I'm totally wrong and they'll just come up with a Roadster II soon...)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:27 pm 
Mark II

I agree with LesPaul70 on the combo. I had the 2x12 RK2 but I scored a custom red RK2 head at GC online and so I sold the 2x12 combo. Great amp but hell to get in the car. I have a 4x12 and a 2x12 Recto and a closed back red RK 4x12 which I got that im not using. I may sell it. I was expecting it to be the usual open back with 2v30 and 2c90. It had 4c90 but I had a pair of CB75 what I swapped out two with same as my other 4x12. For some reason I just dont love that one like my regular one. May actually sell it and use the 2x12 for playing out if need be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:17 am 
Dual Recto

Problem is, Mesa amps are built to last a lifetime. How many repeat customers will there be if they already have the amp they want. Sure I had thoughts about getting a second one, same for the TC-50 and the JP-2C. I already have two RA100s. One was bought as a trade-in since I did not like the Stiletto Deuce Stage 1 I ordered online from GC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 pm 
Mark I

LesPaul70 wrote:

(Of course wishing I'm totally wrong and they'll just come up with a Roadster II soon...)

Roadster II with four independent control sets where you can assign any ch mode/rectifier select/wattage/simul-class to any control set and recall them as preset in set of fours (as amp preset) or channel by channel via midi :D that I could buy... also preamps would include Lonestar/ED/recto...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:22 am 
Dual Recto

Having the midi controller (well you will get channel switching at least) would be great. Not sure if you will get a switchable silicon/tube rectifier selection or even a switchable power 100W/50W. The midi on the JP and the TC-50 will do a few things but not save any settings on the controls. Also with the TC-50 it will not change from clean/drive, normal/tight on Hi/Lo channels. The only toggle switch functions the midi controls would be reverb, FX loop and channels (shred in the case of the JP). However to do it right with the Roadster or even the Roadking you would need to add the progressive linkage, FX loop 1 or 2, and the rectifier selection with power switch.

Just wonder what will be next in the Rectifier line....if anything..