Dual rec effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanseanhd

Reaction score
So i recently started running a TC Flashback delay and a TC chorus in the effects loop. but the effects seem quiet and buried far in the background. i have the send and return both set at halfway point what am i doing wrong i want to bring the effects out more when i kick on the effects loop switch for solo's. Amp is 2007 3 channel

Do those pedals have wet/dry mix settings? Looking at their basic info, they would not. Do they have level controls for the output?

The problem may be that they are simply not designed to run line level signals. Most stompboxes are made for instrument level signals, so when put into an effects loop they may not work as well.

Have you tried adjusting the loop to be 100% wet?

Well, we'll need more info to be able to help. The channel volumes also affect your signal when using the loop. I assume this is the Corona chorus you have? If so, both it and the Flashback have a kill/dry switch. Turn that on for both to use them in your loop. If you leave the dry on in the pedals, then turn your loop return level to max and make sure your channel volumes aren't too low. You should have no problems then.

I have the TC Electronic Corona and X4 Flashback and use them on a little rectoverb in the effects loop no problem. They also work great with other Mesa amps in the effects loop. I have the buffers off and they are set to true bypass. The kill dry is off because the entire guitar signal is going through the pedals (the send/receive is series, not parallel). So, play with those settings on your pedals since they do work well with Mesa amps.

There could be something up with your effects loop. Have you tried just connecting "send" to "receive" directly with a cable to see if you lose signal there?

Mace

Latest posts

Back