The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:52 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hey all,

I love my new Rectoverb 25 and was wondering if you all had any live videos of it in action! I'm wanting to form a group and want to see how it sounds in other bands.

Thank you! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 am 
Bottle Rocket

Welcoming me to the forum, I am new here as well. The only video I have found that is close to live is this one. The rectoverb is close to the end.

https://youtu.be/JAajlPABSHA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Welcome! I had an old username and password, but forgot them and had to reregister. :|

I had seen that video. I like P. Mcknight's stuff. I'm trying to see how well it holds up live in a hard rock situation. Do you know any threads have that discussed this before? I searched and couldn't find any

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Well I haven't played live but what I have done is play in a large practice room with a pa and heavy handed drummer. In my honest opinion the cleans don't have enough headroom if you want crystal clean at gig volume. The crunch and lead tones though are more than enough. It gets crushing loud and gets the job done easy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:00 am 
Bottle Rocket

richprice79 wrote:
Well I haven't played live but what I have done is play in a large practice room with a pa and heavy handed drummer. In my honest opinion the cleans don't have enough headroom if you want crystal clean at gig volume. The crunch and lead tones though are more than enough. It gets crushing loud and gets the job done easy.

Sweet, I think i can manage without live cleans. As long as I can rock hard. Did it have that boogie growl with you?