Potentially dumbass triple rectifier fuse question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cberryh2o

Reaction score
Ok...I blew a fuse the other day on my 2 channel/triple rectifier. The fuse that was in it was a 3.5A/250v SB, the owner's manual says 4A/250V ...but (plot twist) - the markings on the back of the cab around the fuse holder says 3A on top and 6.25A SB on the bottom. Given the owner's manual for a 2 channel triple rec, I would have expected it to say 4A on top and 2A SB on the bottom. So...2 questions: what's the story with my amp being different and what fuse should I put in it? A 6.25A SB/250V? Thanks for any help you can offer and please pardon my idiocy if this is a silly question!

cberryh2o said:
Ok...I blew a fuse the other day on my 2 channel/triple rectifier. The fuse that was in it was a 3.5A/250v SB, the owner's manual says 4A/250V ...but (plot twist) - the markings on the back of the cab around the fuse holder says 3A on top and 6.25A SB on the bottom. Given the owner's manual for a 2 channel triple rec, I would have expected it to say 4A on top and 2A SB on the bottom. So...2 questions: what's the story with my amp being different and what fuse should I put in it? A 6.25A SB/250V? Thanks for any help you can offer and please pardon my idiocy if this is a silly question!
A 120V amp is a 4A Slow Blow
A 240V amp is a 2A Slow Blow

Can you post a pic of the area you are talking about?

Dom

The older 2 channel triples take a 6.25 amp SB fuse, the newer rev g triples are 4 amp.

I have 2 of the older rev f triples.

I clearly see 6.25 A listed below the fuse holder, that is the correct fuse rating.

I don't see the 3A marking above it that you mention tho ......

cberryh2o said:

domct203 said:
cberryh2o said:
A 120V amp is a 4A Slow Blow
A 240V amp is a 2A Slow Blow

Can you post a pic of the area you are talking about?

Dom

Sorry so long in responding...I'm not sure how to upload an image...Anyhow mine seems consistent with what the other feedback on older ones. Now why was there a 3A fuse in there, I wonder? Thanks anyhow!

domct203 said:
I clearly see 6.25 A listed below the fuse holder, that is the correct fuse rating.

I don't see the 3A marking above it that you mention tho ......

cberryh2o said:

Yes, mine has the 3a marking above, unlike the one in the photo...I didn't post the photo, btw.

mesaboogie6L6 said:
The older 2 channel triples take a 6.25 amp SB fuse, the newer rev g triples are 4 amp.

I have 2 of the older rev f triples.

Is that a 250v fuse?

Back