NAD - Mini Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheehanje

Reaction score
Just got the mini rectifier. Plugged it in and was a little worried at first. Seemed to get real muddy and hissy cranked up - master above 2:30 sounded real disappointing to me on the high gain channel.

Finally hooked up my Helix to it 4CM and it's a different beast altogether just assigning a TS808 on the input and a noise gate in the FX loop. I think it will be just loud enough for practice and bar venue gigs. Definitely not supplanting the JP-2C, but I'm going to really tweak the heck out of it and create some patches and see how it goes. I have 30 days to decide.

Here it is with a Mesa 1X12 widebody closed back:

y4m1QomLDO0opBRvsvnjSeHRtrSaON1SJ9eShdSOUWjW0xIrEBxHeaTGpK5D5UB6cRtZRfe3dvNhsgLZvUPAs-lYSfuNTSQfVD0qnhXMXc4Yz8_MhAGW1FahATLW7vL2jKliqJASzJ67h0EC_r-7liFQ8EfG6qhj57z_5K8h_uaw0_L93qMbv2ERITeImTs4RFezBKQSfxK-aMLsCzxc_ekrA

Here it is with it's big brother (JP-2C and vertical 2X12)

y4m-MDxrJTdG6xw-hzjjolL0nADUV9YAaV4ZVwZMqTB5eIoGhIaELPXnIqJN3kicMainmTTroOzppsaVCyJJzcQFe5DrZbAygFC2PqYL4E9XcWrHKDoLZ639CjWTpxoIv3PJbooEgGehWWpL-S1V9ooYlgOoAkfMfX6EjnBxNRyOPMBSyJppPggrewo5THACFXBRxyHDJKUx4vvcYtpKl-giw

I tried the Mini with both the 2X12 (V30's) and the 1X12 (C90) and to my surprise I prefer it with the 1X12.

sheehanje said:
Just got the mini rectifier. Plugged it in and was a little worried at first. Seemed to get real muddy and hissy cranked up - master above 2:30 sounded real disappointing to me on the high gain channel.

As the volume goes up bring the bass and/or gain down.

Yeah, remember it's only 25 Watt (although probably more around 15 in real live or so), so turning up the master this high will probably introduce power amp-distortion which you might like or not.

When I'm noodling around with the mini, the master is not higher than 9:00 or 10:00, depending on how I am feeling, and that's pretty loud with the right cab

I'm really really liking this amp. Still haven't been able to try it with the band - which is going to tell me how useful it is in the whole picture, but I'm getting some really great sounds with it and the 1x12 widebody.

To my surprise, it is able to achieve some great tone at bedroom volumes in 10 watt mode - that's with the master barely up. I usually use the JP-2C's built in cab clone to a recording interface for bedroom jamming at night.

Anyways, big fan of this amp - I'm going to try it again with my 2X12, but this time I'm taking the casters off. Think it would benefit being coupled to the floor. I really wasn't expecting so much versatility - but it has a ton of range on it - everything except for pristine clean at high volume.

Back