Down the stereo rabbit hole

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've finally gone there, and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The stereo effects like chorus and flange are so addicting. I find that using a dual stereo delay with one side 25ms different makes the amp sound huge, add a bit of stereo chorus and hall reverb and I'm channeling my inner Gilmour.

And surprisingly, a lot of that wide soundstage still comes though the band in the room.

Thank God we have a trailer and ramps lol. We don't gig as much as we used to 10 years ago, and usually only play festivals and outdoor shows 3-5 times a year.

Anyone else regularly play and gig a stereo rig?

Here's a couple of quick pics from practice last night. I'm using the Roadster's Poweramp for the left channel, and one side of the Recto 2:100 for the right channel. I split the FX send to two GCX loops which have a TC Dreamscape in stereo, then those two loops feed the G-Major. I use the G-Major to switch the 2:100 into Modern mode to match when using Modern mode on the Roadster. The MXR 10 band is right before the split. This all is feeding two verticle 2X12's (or 4X12's depending on gig).

2FE09BAD-B176-4B71-9125-AB7411B719D1_zps9tdycfab.jpg

052BCFE2-040F-4A13-9614-2FB87AD64582_zps7ygpvf1t.jpg

D0270978-988E-407A-B1DB-19F634B91D52_zpsoaqa0o9q.jpg

Dom

Back in the '90s, I had a Roland GP-16 running stereo into a Fender Super Champ and a Roland Jazz Chorus 77. The digital delay on the GP-16 had separate settings for left-center-right, and it sounded great when they were staggered. I still have the GP-16, but I can't remember the last time I used it; it should sound pretty cool through my Maverick and Blue Angel (the Super Champ and JC-77 are long gone).

Bit of a coincidence. Couple of days ago plugged pedalboard in for a first time in long time and this time I thought that maybe I should try again my rig in stereo :) I did try the setup once ore twice before but somehow it did not work.

This time the signal was splitter after "pre" effects with chorus pedal and from there to amp A and B. Only post preamp fx is delay (dd-500). The amps are hooked on different sides of 4x12.

After tweaking a bit with channel, return and master levels I finally got balanced and nice sounding combination.

I just started planning how to implemented this setup in live system ;)...

Back