The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:06 am 
Donating Member

Well I've finally gone there, and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The stereo effects like chorus and flange are so addicting. I find that using a dual stereo delay with one side 25ms different makes the amp sound huge, add a bit of stereo chorus and hall reverb and I'm channeling my inner Gilmour.

And surprisingly, a lot of that wide soundstage still comes though the band in the room.

Thank God we have a trailer and ramps lol. We don't gig as much as we used to 10 years ago, and usually only play festivals and outdoor shows 3-5 times a year.

Anyone else regularly play and gig a stereo rig?

Here's a couple of quick pics from practice last night. I'm using the Roadster's Poweramp for the left channel, and one side of the Recto 2:100 for the right channel. I split the FX send to two GCX loops which have a TC Dreamscape in stereo, then those two loops feed the G-Major. I use the G-Major to switch the 2:100 into Modern mode to match when using Modern mode on the Roadster. The MXR 10 band is right before the split. This all is feeding two verticle 2X12's (or 4X12's depending on gig).

Dom

'01 Recto 4X12 V30/Swamp Thang
'04 Recto 4X12 V30/Delta Pro 12A
'74 Les Paul Custom
'12 Les Paul Signature T
Slinky's & Jazz III's
Voodoo Labs MIDI
==> NOMAD on Facebook <==

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 pm 
Mark II

Back in the '90s, I had a Roland GP-16 running stereo into a Fender Super Champ and a Roland Jazz Chorus 77. The digital delay on the GP-16 had separate settings for left-center-right, and it sounded great when they were staggered. I still have the GP-16, but I can't remember the last time I used it; it should sound pretty cool through my Maverick and Blue Angel (the Super Champ and JC-77 are long gone).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:53 am 
Mark I

Bit of a coincidence. Couple of days ago plugged pedalboard in for a first time in long time and this time I thought that maybe I should try again my rig in stereo :) I did try the setup once ore twice before but somehow it did not work.

This time the signal was splitter after "pre" effects with chorus pedal and from there to amp A and B. Only post preamp fx is delay (dd-500). The amps are hooked on different sides of 4x12.

After tweaking a bit with channel, return and master levels I finally got balanced and nice sounding combination.

I just started planning how to implemented this setup in live system ;)...