The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dual Rec Effects Loop
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:17 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hi All, looking for some advice please before I purchase a Dual Rec. I've owned before but I had a different setup to now. I'll be wanting to use channel 1 Clean/Pushed, Channel 2 Vintage, Channel 3 Modern and a delay pedal in the effects loop for solo's. All 3 channels will be used as rhythm sounds for different songs but what I want to know is, when I engage to FX switch for solo's can it also increase the volume for solo's? I know there's a solo switch but I want to avoid having to step on multiple switches whilst singing etc. If the send button on the back is increased with that increase the output volume when FX is engaged?

Any help is much appreciated

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:25 am 
Mark I

At least in Roadster the send level knob affects level when FX loop is active per channel or not.

You could buy some clean boost pedal and put that in fx loop after delay. That way you could have boost + delay in single button by using fx-loop on/off (if dual recto has fx loop button in footswitch...)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:24 am 
Donating Member

Eevil wrote:
At least in Roadster the send level knob affects level when FX loop is active per channel or not.

You could buy some clean boost pedal and put that in fx loop after delay. That way you could have boost + delay in single button by using fx-loop on/off (if dual recto has fx loop button in footswitch...)

+1

The send will effect the level regardless. Your best bet is a clean boost as mentioned, or an EQ pedal. For solo's I prefer an EQ as it lets me choose which freq's I want boosted (too much bass and the lower strings get muddy). The MXR 10-band is a great EQ to use in the FX loop.

Dom

'01 Recto 4X12 V30/Swamp Thang
'04 Recto 4X12 V30/Delta Pro 12A
'74 Les Paul Custom
'12 Les Paul Signature T
Slinky's & Jazz III's
Voodoo Labs MIDI
==> NOMAD on Facebook <==