Mesa Rectoverb 25: video demo, dynamic range

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judas68

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Just thought I would share this with you!

I recently made a video showing the dynamic range of the Rectoverb 25 (Combo), on Channel 2/modern.

Everything was set at noon, except for the presence at 11 o'clock. Good old SM57 for the capture, guitar (Ken Francis Pennycaster) straight into the amp.

No metal playing, blues/rock style, using the volume pot and changing the attack to get different tones.

https://youtu.be/q72u39tZxmI

Check out my channel for more Rectoverb 25 action! I love that amp!

Nice playing.

One of the things I dig about the RoV:25 combo is how good it sounds with the gain backed down. They retain a hairy edge to the breakup that the bigger Rectos don't have. Makes them sound a bit more authentically old school.

Thank you guys!

@Screamingdaisy: yes, I love the combination of the Rectifier preamp with the EL84s in the open back combo. Maybe not well suited for metal, but for classic rock and blues tones it really does an amazing job!

IMO, it'll do metal surprisingly well... if you like your metal a little sludgy. Running it through a 4x12 also helps a little, although I've generally avoided that since I bought the combo to be portable and don't want to become addicted to that sound.

Latest posts

Back