Holy grail recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unanimated

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just found out that my Dual Rectifier is one of the first 500, which apperently is called "the Holy grail" series. If I got it right, the electronics was a bit different in these early ones, which makes the sound unique.

However, since I have two small kids, a house and no time whatsoever to play music at the moment, I am considering selling it. If anyone out there have got any idea of what it might be worth, I would be grateful to hear and take your advices!

All the best,

Magnus, Sweden

Looking at the classified section here, this one was listed at $1,450...seems to have sold for that too 4 months ago.

http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72699

I couldn't find any for sale currently...granted I only looked for a minute.

Edit: I see you are in Europe...I have no idea if the price would be comparable over there or not.

A bit of a long shot, Magnus, but are you a chef? I know of a guy...

Anyways, I have bought and sold several of those amps. I think the highest I ever got for one was 1800? Many years ago I saw them going for 2,000+, but they never really sold that well.

I'm not so sure there is a huge market for that particular amp. I'd bet $1,500 plus/minus $100 or so. Perhaps add $100 or so euro's to that since everything seems to be more expensive over there.

I'd say you can get easily over 2000€ / 18 000 SEK on this side of the Atlantic ocean. First 500 Rectos are rare and have the hype surrounding them. And thanks to the bad exchange rate between USD and EUR currently, Mesas cost a **** load of money here so that most likely would support the trade.

Just check the price levels for Mesa products from the website of the Finnish Mesa importing retailer and you see what I mean:

http://www.levytukku.fi/mesa_boogie

Thanks guys for your replies : )

I'm not the chef you think of, however I do make killer meatballs!!

Regarding the recto, I have put it out on different pages to see the interest of it and so far quite a lot of people have shown interest, however I still have it, since I haven't got any decent offer yet. A bottom price of 18 000kr sounds fair, thank you for your guidance!

To be continued : )

Latest posts

Back