Road King I

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I have a Road King 1, not sure of the year, but I'm pretty sure I could figure that out from the serial#. My father was the original owner and said he had it serviced by Mesa years ago, apparently to correct a known issue. It is in pristine condition, along with the RK 2x12 cab and foot controller. I am seriously considering selling it, but have no idea what it is worth. Any ideas what I might be able to get for it?

It was your dad's and he clearly loved it. Makes that priceless. Why would you sell it? Keep the amp.

The answer to that question is long and not appropriate for this board.

However, I found a RK1 at Guitar Center for $1500 just for the head. I think I have my answer now.

I get it. No worries there. That said you should do an advanced search on ebay for sold prices. I bought my mint cherry red RK2 head for 1600 on GC online. Just because they ask 1500 doesnt mean you get it. But that is also irrelevant bc its all really about the buyer and what they want. There are a lot of folks that love the RK1. I have had the combo and now the head and I liked both but they were the rk2 which I think had the improved fx loop. If its mint with all original docs and the cover you can do well. Just dont sell it to GC. They only give you 65% of what they think they can get. Reverb.com is great if you are willing to ship and no one beats Craigslist.com bc cash is king. Peter

I have the factory covers, big foot controller, cable, and original manual - all in mint condition. I do love the amp, but it's just too **** heavy to lug around. I would rather see someone put it to good use than collecting dust in my basement. And, to be completely honest, my Electra Dyne gives my ears exactly what they want to hear. Even though it, too is heavy, it's not as bad as the RK.

On top of all that, I now want to get a TC-50. Seems like selling something I won't use is a good way to finance something else I want. ;-)

Oh I totally hear you on the weight issue. That was the reason back when I still gigged I sold my Tremoverb Half Stack and got a Rectoverb 50W combo. Played that out for 15 years before I sold it last year. Now I have two half stacks with different configs and speakers as well as a marshall head simply for recording and messing around. They look and sound great but are not fun to load and unload...

Back