Mesa Dual Rec + Moen GEC9

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethcubek

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here to the form. I just recently got the Moen GEC9 and have been using it to switch the channels on my Dual Rec as well as effects at the same time. However, whenever I use channel 2 or 3, there is a loud hum that occurs, which I have no idea how to get rid of. I have set it up the same way that Moen says to for 3 channel amps, but I was wondering if there is another way that I could cable the unit without having to run it through the effects loop in order to switch channels. Is it not possible to run it through just loops 7 through 9 or must I use the effects loop of the amp? I have an early 2000s Dual Rectifier. Thanks a lot everyone.

Your effects loop has nothing to do with channel switching. Start with hooking up nothing but your external channel triggers on the amp to the 3 switches on your Moen unit (as shown in blue). Don't make any other connections to Moen loops 7, 8 & 9, and don't hook up any pedals at all.

If this still produces hum when switching channels, your Moen unit may not have isolated grounds on the switching relays, and therefore it is not compatible with the amp.

If you keep using a common ground switching system with the early 3-channel Recto, you could damage the amps switching system.

Dom

98604D21-77A6-4B58-8FE1-62F1E4F45D91_zpslb3ukax3.png

Back