Tremoverb replacement depth pot

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty

Reaction score
I need to replace the depth adjustment pot on the trem. Does anyone happen to know what type of pot it is exactly? I have the part number (#592152 ) from the manual, but I think that it was numbered as such from the supplier for mesa amps that way. Cant find it for sale elsewhere under that number.
I admit I haven't called mesa yet for a replacement because I am assuming they will charge something unreasonable. I just want to add it to my next electronics parts order for other things I'm doing.

If you can afford Mesa amps & to live in Palo Alto I don't think a $15 pot is going to break you. Just call Mesa. I've had them go through a couple of my amps & their repair / parts prices are actually very reasonable. (including my T-O-V, which got the LDR update & a recap)

GJgo said:
If you can afford Mesa amps & to live in Palo Alto I don't think a $15 pot is going to break you. Just call Mesa. I've had them go through a couple of my amps & their repair / parts prices are actually very reasonable. (including my T-O-V, which got the LDR update & a recap)
Oh ok :roll:

Rusty said:
GJgo said:

Ask for help, get a legit response, roll eyes.

Nice.

deeman said:
Rusty said:
GJgo said:
Ask for help, get a legit response, roll eyes.

Nice.
My question wasn't answered actually. Not sure how you missed that. It was actually a just suck it up and pay Mesa response and because I lived somewhere where I should be able to afford it.
Nice

Rusty said:
My question wasn't answered actually. Not sure how you missed that. It was actually a just suck it up and pay Mesa response and because I lived somewhere where I should be able to afford it.
Nice

oh, sorry. I'd contact mesa anyways. They can probably tell you the specs. Plus you never even got a quote from there. You just assume it is going to be unreasonable.

deeman said:
Rusty said:
Nice

oh, sorry. I'd contact mesa anyways. They can probably tell you the specs. Plus you never even got a quote from there. You just assume it is going to be unreasonable.
That's true. Was going to call today but got caught up at work. I'd also like to get a slightly better quality one than the original if possible even if it comes out to be more.

I concede that my first comment was a little dickish. Deeman said what I was trying to say in a nicer fashion, that you should call & ask before assuming. They are nice folks there.

If the pot is just noisy & not actually smoked, try hitting it with some DeoxIT. Stuff works wonders for noisy contacts.

GJgo said:
I concede that my first comment was a little dickish. Deeman said what I was trying to say in a nicer fashion, that you should call & ask before assuming. They are nice folks there.

If the pot is just noisy & not actually smoked, try hitting it with some DeoxIT. Stuff works wonders for noisy contacts.
It's not a big deal.
I'm going to follow through with Mesa tomorrow.
I have to pull out on the pot and get it in just the right position for it to work. It's not scratchy at all, but I will shoot some of the deoxit I have in there and see if that does anything.

My TOV had a treble pot that wasn't working right. I went the TOV manual and found the Mesa POT part # and ordered from their website.
Very inexpensive, shipping was more than the cost of two POTs.

Before I ordered, I tried hitting treble POT in question with contact cleaner and there was no change to the issue.

Back