The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:44 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Memphis, TN
I need to replace the depth adjustment pot on the trem. Does anyone happen to know what type of pot it is exactly? I have the part number (#592152 ) from the manual, but I think that it was numbered as such from the supplier for mesa amps that way. Cant find it for sale elsewhere under that number.
I admit I haven't called mesa yet for a replacement because I am assuming they will charge something unreasonable. I just want to add it to my next electronics parts order for other things I'm doing.


Last edited by Rusty on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:59 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:38 am
Posts: 228
Location: Western Colorado
If you can afford Mesa amps & to live in Palo Alto I don't think a $15 pot is going to break you. Just call Mesa. I've had them go through a couple of my amps & their repair / parts prices are actually very reasonable. (including my T-O-V, which got the LDR update & a recap)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:41 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Memphis, TN
GJgo wrote:
If you can afford Mesa amps & to live in Palo Alto I don't think a $15 pot is going to break you. Just call Mesa. I've had them go through a couple of my amps & their repair / parts prices are actually very reasonable. (including my T-O-V, which got the LDR update & a recap)

Oh ok :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:50 pm 
Offline
Mark III
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Chicago, IL
Rusty wrote:
GJgo wrote:
If you can afford Mesa amps & to live in Palo Alto I don't think a $15 pot is going to break you. Just call Mesa. I've had them go through a couple of my amps & their repair / parts prices are actually very reasonable. (including my T-O-V, which got the LDR update & a recap)

Oh ok :roll:


Ask for help, get a legit response, roll eyes.

Nice.

_________________
Mesa Boogie 2001 3 Channel Dual Rectifier
Ampeg 4x12 Cab
Gibson 2006 Les Paul Studio
https://soundcloud.com/authoritydrive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:58 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Memphis, TN
deeman wrote:
Rusty wrote:
GJgo wrote:
If you can afford Mesa amps & to live in Palo Alto I don't think a $15 pot is going to break you. Just call Mesa. I've had them go through a couple of my amps & their repair / parts prices are actually very reasonable. (including my T-O-V, which got the LDR update & a recap)

Oh ok :roll:

Ask for help, get a legit response, roll eyes.

Nice.

My question wasn't answered actually. Not sure how you missed that. It was actually a just suck it up and pay Mesa response and because I lived somewhere where I should be able to afford it.
Nice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:09 pm 
Offline
Mark III
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 241
Location: Chicago, IL
Rusty wrote:
My question wasn't answered actually. Not sure how you missed that. It was actually a just suck it up and pay Mesa response and because I lived somewhere where I should be able to afford it.
Nice


oh, sorry. I'd contact mesa anyways. They can probably tell you the specs. Plus you never even got a quote from there. You just assume it is going to be unreasonable.

_________________
Mesa Boogie 2001 3 Channel Dual Rectifier
Ampeg 4x12 Cab
Gibson 2006 Les Paul Studio
https://soundcloud.com/authoritydrive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:14 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Memphis, TN
deeman wrote:
Rusty wrote:
My question wasn't answered actually. Not sure how you missed that. It was actually a just suck it up and pay Mesa response and because I lived somewhere where I should be able to afford it.
Nice


oh, sorry. I'd contact mesa anyways. They can probably tell you the specs. Plus you never even got a quote from there. You just assume it is going to be unreasonable.

That's true. Was going to call today but got caught up at work. I'd also like to get a slightly better quality one than the original if possible even if it comes out to be more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:28 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:38 am
Posts: 228
Location: Western Colorado
I concede that my first comment was a little dickish. Deeman said what I was trying to say in a nicer fashion, that you should call & ask before assuming. They are nice folks there.

If the pot is just noisy & not actually smoked, try hitting it with some DeoxIT. Stuff works wonders for noisy contacts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:03 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Memphis, TN
GJgo wrote:
I concede that my first comment was a little dickish. Deeman said what I was trying to say in a nicer fashion, that you should call & ask before assuming. They are nice folks there.

If the pot is just noisy & not actually smoked, try hitting it with some DeoxIT. Stuff works wonders for noisy contacts.

It's not a big deal.
I'm going to follow through with Mesa tomorrow.
I have to pull out on the pot and get it in just the right position for it to work. It's not scratchy at all, but I will shoot some of the deoxit I have in there and see if that does anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:36 am
Posts: 14
My TOV had a treble pot that wasn't working right. I went the TOV manual and found the Mesa POT part # and ordered from their website.
Very inexpensive, shipping was more than the cost of two POTs.

Before I ordered, I tried hitting treble POT in question with contact cleaner and there was no change to the issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:33 am 
Offline
Single Recto

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1265
Location: seattle wa usa
Mesa is very reasonable with prices for parts. A few times they sent me parts free.

_________________
The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group