New amp day, mesa roadking 2 :-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nault.jama

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

After a couple month of buying and trading, I finally managed to put together enough money to buy a new road king 2 combo. To do that, I had to sell my mark iv, witch I never could (it was mint..) after a bit of waiting, I got an offer to trade it for an Orange TH 100 plus the guy gave me 400$. I went for it. I have to say that Orange amp was a monster, I liked it a lot the time I had it. Finally sold the amp for 1200$ and sold a guitar and I went ahead to buy my like new just out of the box RoadKing2 combo from a guy for 1900$ Took the beast home and right of the box, just like that, liked every single channel on the amp. The honey moon is still going strong !! 8) I'm pretty sure that without knowing it, Mesa was actually building an amp for myself...lol

2 thing that surprised me the most...I have not heard a single pop while changing channel.. :shock:( I was really expecting that) thought it was a common problem. And second I do not have a single delay while switching channel. Awesome! unless im doing something wrong here...

After reading a lot about the amp, I thought it was very easy to dial in a good tone in every channel. Im so impress...much easier than my mark iv...

Not so long ago, I saw Chevvelle opening for Disturbed in my town. I was close enough to the stage to see he was using a Mark V( 2 actually), witch should sound extremely close to my Mark IV. And I thought his tone was so good!! I will never understand for the life of me why I was never able, for 9 god **** year to get my Mark IV to sound like him...And I am still frustrating about that up to this day...

Anyway, just want to tell you guys that I think I have found my tone haven. for now...lol

Keep rocking :twisted:

Wow, that is a VERY serious amp. Enjoy!

Based on posts on this forum, it is my understanding that the Mark IV and V really do not sound the same, so I am not surprised you didn't get what you wanted from the IV. Of course, who knows what processing the sound guy might have been doing, or what else it may have been mixed with (like AXE FX, as is becoming common).

Congrats on your new amp! I feel the same way about my Roadster Combo that I got a week ago (which is very close to your Road King combo).

Latest posts

Back