Looks like we need a new category...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh shoot.. That sounds just like what I've been looking for.. Dangit Mesa, why? I JUST got my recto!

Actually, I looked again and it seems more like a 5150 III competitor, with some righteous features.

Fenderish clean
Marshallish dirt
Godzilla lead channel
Spring reverb
Loop
Midi
Solo
2x EL34 (stock), 6L6, or 6V6
Cab Clone

****! That's awesome!

kinda strange tbh,

since I follow Mesa every new Amp is announced on the website and then you find it in the online store, here is the opposite.

btw seems a stunning piece of equipment!

A.

TheHypnotoad said:
kinda strange tbh,

since I follow Mesa every new Amp is announced on the website and then you find it in the online store, here is the opposite.

btw seems a stunning piece of equipment!

A.

Maybe the retailer looked at the calendar incorrectly before listing it? It looks legit. I imagine Authorized Boogie could comment if it's fake.

With 7 12Axx tubes, there's 5 preamp tubes. If Clean has a dedicated tube, that leaves 4 tubes (8 stages) for Lo and Hi to share. Of those, one tube is probably a coupled cathode follower into the EQ. That leaves 6 gain stages between Lo and Hi, likely sharing some.

afu said:
With 7 12Axx tubes, there's 5 preamp tubes. If Clean has a dedicated tube, that leaves 4 tubes (8 stages) for Lo and Hi to share. Of those, one tube is probably a coupled cathode follower into the EQ. That leaves 6 gain stages between Lo and Hi, likely sharing some.
And in addition to the above mention, one tube is most likely reserved for tube buffered effects loop. So it's more likely 3 tubes for the preamp. That's as much as is needed anyway. Rest can be dealt through huge switching matrixes which are more and more trademark to Mesas.

tele twister said:
I ain't seeing nothing with 7 pre amp tubes!!!?

Is it gone already?

Yeah, but there's likely to be an announcement soon.

Shemham said:
afu said:
And in addition to the above mention, one tube is most likely reserved for tube buffered effects loop. So it's more likely 3 tubes for the preamp. That's as much as is needed anyway. Rest can be dealt through huge switching matrixes which are more and more trademark to Mesas.

I accounted for that and the PI, but you your guess is still just as good as mine, since info is slim. I'm just kinda stoked, since I've been pining away for a Mesa head with midi. The reverb and tube options are icing.

afu said:
I accounted for that and the PI, but you your guess is still just as good as mine, since info is slim. I'm just kinda stoked, since I've been pining away for a Mesa head with midi. The reverb and tube options are icing.
It definitely seems like a modernized take on Rectifier circuit with Stiletto elements mixed with it. In addition to the midi awesomeness, I like the idea of tight/normal switch. It's something that the Rectifier series has lacked for a long time and would've been pretty easy to incorporate (IMO). Mesa has obviously listened to its customers on this one.

Chiliphil1 said:
afu said:

Wow, this just might knock the JP-2C from the #1 spot on my dream amp list.

I have been considering a Grandmeister, but this is something with better parts/build. At the least, the transformers and board will be miles better, but I suspect the components in a GM are not the high tolerances found in Mesa products. I don't want to knock H&K, since their amps are great, but I don't expect the same lifespan from it as I would from a Mesa.

I've stated that my Recto is a perfect amp for what I play. After reading the TC-50 manual, I have high hopes about it being a better amp for my playing.

Also, the EQ tips and general advice in the manual seem quite insightful and better written than the Recto manuals. Kudos to them. It looks like this one has a big bottom and they explain clearly how to dial it in.

afu said:
Chiliphil1 said:
afu said:

Wow, this just might knock the JP-2C from the #1 spot on my dream amp list.

I have been considering a Grandmeister, but this is something with better parts/build. At the least, the transformers and board will be miles better, but I suspect the components in a GM are not the high tolerances found in Mesa products. I don't want to knock H&K, since their amps are great, but I don't expect the same lifespan from it as I would from a Mesa.

I've stated that my Recto is a perfect amp for what I play. After reading the TC-50 manual, I have high hopes about it being a better amp for my playing.

Also, the EQ tips and general advice in the manual seem quite insightful and better written than the Recto manuals. Kudos to them. It looks like this one has a big bottom and they explain clearly how to dial it in.

I completely agree. I had a GM36 for a few months and really loved it. The sounds went from a very nice clean to a rectoish gain with a lot of Marshall in the middle. However, my complaints would be that it had no punch, when compared to a Marshall head, or a Mesa head it was loud but it didn't have that real kick in the gut of a full power amp. On top of that it IS made in China, so when comparing the 2 the H&K is going to be more feature laden but I would think that the extra $500 for the TC50 would be more than worth it.

I'll just have to hear one in person before I can say for sure. The thing looks very promising but the sound demos didn't really wow me but that happens a lot with the Mesa official videos. Even the official mark V demo didn't impress me but the real amp was amazing. I think I'm good with my ToV now, I haven't really found anything that it won't do yet and it's got that thick and muscular sound I have always been searching for.

I think this is a reworked and expanded Electradyne. Each mode is now a dedicated channel with voicing options and super spiffy features. I downloaded the ED manual and the descriptions and tube stages match up well with the TC. If a person loved the ED, I imagine this is heavenly.

Latest posts

Back