Roadster/Road King II vs. Dual/Triple Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NostraHistoria

Reaction score
I was told that the Road King II and/or Roadster have the Dual Rectifier's second channel. Is it really true? I have not played either of them. I am looking into getting a amp by Mesa Boogie to at least get Mesa Boogie's heavy rhythm sound. However, since the Roadster and Road King II have better first and third channels, I am thinking of getting them instead of a Dual/Triple Rectifier. What are all of your thoughts?

NostraHistoria said:
I was told that the Road King II and/or Roadster have the Dual Rectifier's second channel. Is it really true? I have not played either of them. I am looking into getting a amp by Mesa Boogie to at least get Mesa Boogie's heavy rhythm sound. However, since the Roadster and Road King II have better first and third channels, I am thinking of getting them instead of a Dual/Triple Rectifier. What are all of your thoughts?

The Orange (Ch 3) & Red (Ch 4) are copied from the Orange (Ch2) & Red (Ch 3) of the 3-channel Dual/Triple Recto.

However, the Roadster (& RK) are a bit smoother/darker. They are 'true' Rectos, just a very slight bit smoother, with a much better (cleaner) clean tone, and the low gain options of Tweed & Brit.

The Triple Recto will have the most headroom.

Dom

Thanks. Someone said that they were darker, but he did not say the were smoother. I guess I just have to try them out. The most important thing is to get the best rhythm sound out of it.

What would you suggest?

Latest posts

Back