2 channel dual tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95Stroker

Reaction score
I dialed in my newly bought 95 solo on channel 1 and found my tone after all these years. On a side note.. I know there is a long running debate on the 2 and 3 channel dual solo's ,So for anyone looking to buy a dual solo, I own both and have them set up on a A/B switch and there is a huge difference in clarity and overall quality of the driven/high gain tone to my ears.. no doubt about it..the 95 kills my 3 channel with exception to the use of the clean Channel on the 3.... anyway back to the 95..It seems the little I have played with channel 2 there is a ton more gain and its doesn't seem to be as defined as channel 1 when EQ'd the same. I am in bold mode and loop bypassed, straight from guitar with nothing in front. I want channel 2 to have just a little more bite with a volume boost for leads. I guess I will start by cutting the gain on 2 to match chan 1 then work from there,, anyone else have a 95 Dual solo with input?

Hey, thanks for the review. I've never played a 3 channel so, I have no opinion on those but I just picked up a trem-o-verb yesterday, unsure of year at this point but man, I love this amp!

I can say you're absolutely right on the channels. Even with the channel cloning orange seems to be much brighter and more defined but to me that dark and sort of "slushy" tone is what I wanted a recto for, so I prefer the red channel. I've actually got mine set where the orange is as close to a classic rock tone as I can get and red is just all out. I'm finding however that when the red is boosted with a mini tubescreamer I can roll my volume back to 5 on the guitar and it's a nice 80's Marshall tone, 3 on the volume is closer to a 70's Marshall tone, and with the volume full up it's pure recto. I'm thinking that I may make orange clean and then use the red for all of my gain sounds. Still working on dialing every thing in perfectly but I can say that the tube screamer is a must otherwise it sounds really flubby.

Back