Let's See Your Road King Rig's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I thought I'd post a pic of my Road King Rig and was hoping you all might share yours. I was lucky enough to do a gear trade recently and managed to get a Road King II which the previous owner had from new since March this year. I've owned a RK II before so I was really glad to get one again and go back to those great Rectifier tones.

Enjoy!

Paul

I do not have a Road King but I am sure people who do will eventually post pictures.

Is it safe to assume you have your rig MIDI controlled? Do you use the Road King's footswitch at all?

Given To Fly said:
I do not have a Road King but I am sure people who do will eventually post pictures.

Is it safe to assume you have your rig MIDI controlled? Do you use the Road King's footswitch at all?

I'm sure they will as well. I do use a midi controller, I forgot to show that in the pic. I've added one below for you all.

I'm using an RJM Mastermind GT 22 to control everything. It's a great midi board I love the fact you can programme the LCD screens to do anything you like. I have a Fractal EV-1 expression pedal on there as well which controls the volume block on the Axe FX and also a Dunlop Rack wah controller. The TC polytune is being used by an RJM tone saver in my rack which has a split input I can just run to my polytune and that is constantly active when the volume pedal is on or off.

I'm not using my road king foot switch at the moment but I plan to when I put together a smaller pedal board next year.

Nice set up dude! Very clean and organized, not too much, just enough - small enough to gig with - well done!

I was looking into a Road King 2 until the Triple Crown came out - now I want to see what other models of the Triple Crown will come out.

Joshwah333 said:
Nice set up dude! Very clean and organized, not too much, just enough - small enough to gig with - well done!

I was looking into a Road King 2 until the Triple Crown came out - now I want to see what other models of the Triple Crown will come out.

Thanks dude. I love using the axe fx with my Boogie it sounds awesome and also the mastermind is a great midi controller you can customise it to do pretty much anything. I've actually not had the RK too long, at the moment I'm using a MKV35 head as it has a cab clone so I DI straight to the pa. Since getting the RK though I really wanna use it for gigs now, as its a great head especially chan 2. The only thing that put's me off is the weight and no cab clone.

The Triple Crown looks a great amp, looking forward to trying that out for myself when it hits the UK.

20161210_202716.jpg
[/url]/img]

There it is. Unseen on the picture is my line 6 m13 that i havent use with the road king yet. Im also using a bb xotic preamp as a clean boost with good result.

Pick your poison:

The Burning Bush:
DSC04400_zps7ggj7qqr.jpg

Two Head are Better:
DSC04339_zpsreqghlre.jpg

I cant decide what I want:
DSC04395_zps3kqrmefl.jpg

^^^^^^

I'm in the same boat as you. After years without a Marshall, I began to miss the distinctive "crushed glass" upper midrange crunch that only Marshall has, which was especially nice on my old JCM800 2204 (although that amp had to be boosted for high gain). So I picked up the do-it-all JVM, although my Boogies have never been threatened by it. If for some reason I had to sell belongings to survive, the Boogies would go some time after I sold my clothes and tootbrush!

One thing is for sure, the JVM sounds much fuller and meatier through my Mark cabinet, so I sold the Marshall 1960 cab and use Marks only. 8)

IMG_1938.jpg

MkIII is that a US Charvel Model 6? Man I remember when both Charvel and Jackson were expensive high end guitars, not the shameful 300 dollar ones now. I recall falling in love back around 1985 with a Pearl White model 6 which was all the rage then. I wouldnt mind one IF its a USA.

peterdenny said:
MkIII is that a US Charvel Model 6? Man I remember when both Charvel and Jackson were expensive high end guitars, not the shameful 300 dollar ones now. I recall falling in love back around 1985 with a Pearl White model 6 which was all the rage then. I wouldnt mind one IF its a USA.

It's a 475 Exotic, the last (and best) of their MIJ Model 4 bolt-on line before descending into disgraceful cheapies in the early '90s. It's one of my faves, although my top Charvel has got to be my white 650 Custom neck thru, which was the last (and best) of the MIJ Model 6 line. Along with the MIJ Jackson Soloist Pro, it is definitely on the same level as the USA Jackson Soloist and has the same stock hardware, with the only difference being a rosewood fretboard. 8) MIJ is no negative whatsoever for Charvel/Jackson....

e33cc40b-3caa-4874-a93d-227fa47d8e80.jpg

Latest posts

Back