Modern bleed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
Some may have noticed how Modern mode barely bleeds through when the MV or Output is all the way down. Recently I found that turning the Presence up removes the bleeding, until completely gone at full up.

Not yet sure why, yet, but my first guess would be leaking on the relay to switch the Presence over to the feedback/PI for Vintage. If true, a tiny bit of signal goes to V5b. Otherwise something else in proximity to the Presence pot ground is doing it.

I'm pretty ill and sore, so if someone else gets the urge to check that, that would be groovy.

On my Roadster, Channel 4, Modern Mode, with Master Volume and Output all the way down and the presence control almost all the way up, I still hear the "zero volume amp sound" but it is brighter. However, when the presence control is all the way up, it sounds like the amp starts to get quieter, but nothing of real significance.

I did the same thing on Channel 3, Vintage Mode. The presence control does silence the "zero volume amp sound." However, there was so little "zero volume amp volume" on Channel 3, Vintage Mode that I could not really hear specific pitches, but it does seem the presence control affects the volume in some way.

That's interesting. Does a person with a 2010 model or a 2 Channel want to give it a test and post their experience?

That filter section is the only thing I can think of where the signal path has an opportunity to leak around both the volume control and the output control.

I don't think it's a really big deal that this happens. The quirk is just interesting to me.

Back