2002 Triple Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgonizedChrist

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently acquired a 2002 Triple Rectifier serial number is R-029471. I was just wondering if anyone knows what revision this one is.

In the process of re-tubing it I noticed some rust inside on the big boxes by the tubes. How would I go about cleaning these?

Thanks for any help,
Sean

The rust on the transformers is normal , caused by humidity or condensation. Some consider this patina a sign of age that indicates an original part. Your call to clean it, steal wool should do it but will take any paint off too which may raise concern to a buyer should you ever sell it, so I leave them alone on all my older amps. Not sure on the rev date.

I would not clean off the rust on the transformers, if I were you, (especially not with steel wool....) You are better off not disturbing the rust.
You run the risk of shorting out the laminations (layers of metal the transformer coils are wound on). This can result in a condition that can cause your amp to overheat and shorten output tube life.
There is no real repair for this and the transformer would need replacing ($$$).

To stop the advancement of rust, you could spray or gently brush on some clear varnish or lacquer. Or even enamel would work, if you can match the trans' color (usually black, anyway).

Or just leave as is.... :)

Back