Pickups?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkAndy

Reaction score
Been struggling for a while to find a great mid gain tone on my 3 channel dual. My main guitar is a ESP LTD EC-1000 with the EMGs. It's been super brutal so far and I dig it but I've been looking for a mid gain crunch sound also. I found it with some Kent Armstrong p90s but that guitar does only that sound.
Can anyone recommend something in between? I have a JB that I haven't installed yet due to laziness and uncertainty. Will that get me there? Something that will do all of it.

My number 1 has a JB and Jazz set. I can play nearly any genre if my wrists can handle it. Jazzy stuff to Thrash.

My guitar with the Het Set also covers a ton of ground with volume/tone changes, in case you want something to just drop in. The pickups are a bit away from the strings. Blues to Extreme Metal. Favorite actives. Big bottom.

Yeah I know it does but all the mid gain sounds with the EMG 81 I've found are terrible. They sound really bad to me.

Thanks, I guess dropping the JB into a guitar is my Saturday project

Jus try Bare Knuckle Miracle Man...you will get that active feel with total control and full dynamic in any gain level...

Back