Mini Rectifier revisions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WMHaze

Reaction score
silverwulf's post regarding the 3 channel non-multiwatt Dual Rectifier guide got me thinking and looking at the Mini Rectifier to see if it has subtle differences. And sure enough there are.

The major one I can see is the FX loop hard by-pass switch. Some mini recs have them while others do not.

I'm not sure as to which version is earlier vs later though.

I wonder if there are circuit board revisions as well?

the original Mini Rec 25 included the FX switch giving you the ability to bypass the FX loop circuit and tube. There was a video on Youtube where Randall Smith explained how they added it so if the player wanted to ability to clean up the signal slightly/slightly different tone..., but found most players preferred it with the FX loop switch on whether they had fx plugged in or not. My guess is it was something they thought was a nice touch never really was used and phased out on the later models.

I believe the original has the switched input jack in addition to the FX circuit switch.

FYI, mine has been set to ON since I bought my mini rec in 2012.

elvis said:
The original had the switch, the later versions do not. Instead the FX Send jack is a switching jack.

This is correct, new versions do not have the switch and the FX loop is automatically off if there is nothing inserted into their 1/4 loop sockets.

Back