Would someone be kind enough to record their Rectoverb 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyber104

Reaction score
....on the clean channel with the reverb at 9:00, 12:00, 3:00 and Max?

My reverb seems really weak but it's been so long since I used it maybe it is fine and always sounded this way. I can max the control and reverb is just barely audible. I have spoken to Mesa and the tank checks out correctly and their tech says it is very unusual for the amp reverb circuitry to fail. So I need a point of reference from another Rectoverb (Series II) owner.

I don't need any fancy playing - just a nice sound clip of the clean channel with the reverb set at different levels.

Thanks much!
Chris

This is from about ten years ago but it was all done on a rectoverb 50w. I kept it pretty middle of the road. Unfortunately I no longer have the amp but maybe this will give you an idea. It should be noticeable. I think the recto ran the reverb through one of the preamp tubes but I forget which. You can google the manual and check and if so try replacing that tube with something better. Peter

https://myspace.com/seattle_peter/music/songs

I had a Rectoverb 50 series II.

I remember the reverb was weak and a little one-dimensional, too. I'm sure user reviews say similar things.

I simply plugged a good reverb pedal in the effects loop and it did wonders; a lot more 3D, spacious and full. I used a Tech 21 Boost RVB with Trails pedal (still got it). Sounded really good.

Back