Mark V knobs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a set of Mark V-style knobs for my Dual Rectifier. I like the standard set better, but these are a lot easier for me to read.

15ECR+

I'm going to sit with these for awhile and see if they grow on me or not.

That's the first pic of a rectifier I've seen where I can actually see the settings without sticking my nose on the screen. lol :lol:

They look good.....

It's a problem not being able to clearly see the settings with the metal knurled knobs.

My sig below is my mighty Roadster with Chicken Head knobs. Post is here on the make-over (how to) http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69901

I haven't had a chance to get cream coloured knobs.... I think they'd look sweet.

WOW - that is an awesome post and your amp looks *great*.

Love the photography and the how-to, that was an amazing process.

I'm also glad to know I'm not the only person who decided to change them out. Thank you for sharing this :)

I actually like the Mark V style knobs better, but the chicken looks good too. Wonder if they make luminary markers on control knobs for amps. I too have issue trying to determine where the chrome knobs are set as the dimple on the knob is too similar in appearance. That is giving me some ideas. Actually black knobs with luminary markers used on guitar necks would probably work.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree completely. My Mini Rec looks great and sounds great, but seeing the knobs is a PITA! I think I'm going to get some bright red dots to put in the dimples or something.

Dreamtheaterrules said:
I agree completely. My Mini Rec looks great and sounds great, but seeing the knobs is a PITA! I think I'm going to get some bright red dots to put in the dimples or something.

If you see my link above showing the knob replacement with chicken head knobs, the photos will show the original knobs painted with a red (almost candy apple red) nail polish. It's still a PITA to see the knob position.

I thought I'd paint them first before replacing them but it didn't really make much improvement when your 3m away from the amp, let alone when it's dark-ish.

So save the time and get knobs that do the job.

Mesa should've machined a groove in the knob, similar to the Peavey JSX amp, if they wanted the 'tough' look.

Checked out that photo and you are right. That red dots would help... a little. Your solution seems like some work, but very nice results!

It is! And I, like DLP, prefer the "look" of the originals. But like I said, my Mini Rec knobs are a PITA to see. They look cool though. 8) :lol:

Did a similar thing with my roadster. I have since sold it, but it made it much easier to read.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=70096

Back